Monday, March 16, 2009
Create a great pair of retro barrettes
Create a set of mod barrettes by following these easy steps.
1. Cut two 2.25inch strips of black and white dashed ribbon.
2. Attach each strip of ribbon to a 2.25inch barrette using an all purpose tacky adhesive.
3. Stack 1inch diameter white vintage button upon 1.75inch in diameter black vintage button and attach using a clear all purpose adhesive.
4. Using the adhesive again attach a red 5 petal vintage Lucite bead centered on the button stack.
5. Finish off the flower center by attaching a 3mm black glass bead with adhesive. Using tweezers will help insure accuracy and no smudges.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 to create a second button and bead stack.
7.Using a clear adhesive again attach each stack to the center of the covered barrette and allow time to dry to complete this set of hip barrettes.